Call for Nominations to the CRIAW-ICREF Board, 2019
The Nominating Committee of the CRIAW Board is currently inviting nominations to be considered for the slate of candidates to be presented to the membership at our next Annual General Meeting in September 2019.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic new Board members who are interested in building CRIAW’s research capacity and diversifying our funding base, by assisting with increasing our individual members and developing new funding partners.
CRIAW is committed to an intersectional approach to research and our governance. The criteria for board selection consist of a matrix that includes:
- regional representation (B.C., Prairies, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic and Territories);
- representation from the four following equity groups: Aboriginal women, racialized women, women with disabilities, and LBTQ2S people;
- language - bilingualism (in English and French) is a definite asset
- skills (see below);
- community-based and university-based researchers; and
- expressed level of commitment.
The CRIAW Board is made up of 8-15 members.
Within the matrix described above, the nominating committee, in developing its slate of officers, is seeking to identify members who could bring a combination of the following skills to the Board:
- fundraising expertise;
- grant writing experience;
- experience regarding budget, CRA regulations, and/or sitting on a finance committee;
- legal expertise;
- governance and/or policy development experience;
- leadership expertise;
- marketing expertise;
- experience with social action or social activism
- other Board Director experience;
- research experience – academic, union and/or community based;
- supporting and/or working within intersectional feminist frameworks.
CRIAW members who are interested in either nominating another member or themselves to the slate of officers should do so by July 19, 2019, submitting their application and resume (see attachment for the application form) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All board members must be CRIAW members (information on membership is available at www.criaw-icref.ca).
CRIAW Board members serve a three year term which is renewable once. CRIAW Board members are expected to provide eight to ten hours a month of their time for Board-related activities.